MANDATES AND FUNCTIONS
The Department of Tourism in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao is the primary government agency charged with the responsibility to encourage, promote and develop tourism as major socio-economic activity to generate foreign currency and employment and to spread the benefits of tourism to as wider segment of the population with the support, assistance and cooperation of both private and public sector and to ensure the safe, convenient enjoyable stay and travel of the foreign and local tourist in the region.
The region as a major cultural historical and eco-tourism travel destination in East-Asean countries with sustainable balance growth and established tourism friendly communities.
- Promotion and preservation of cultural heritage through festival celebration and exposition
- Creation of Tourism friendly communities
- Promotion of Historical Landmarks
- Foster linkage with national and international communities
- Promotion of Eco-Tourism
- Development of tourism advocacy and services